Phoenix Park Gas Processors Limited is an energy-based company located on the Point Lisas Industrial Estate. Its core business is natural gas processing, the aggregation, fractionation, storage and marketing of natural gas liquids. Individuals are invited to apply for the vacancy listed below.
The Company offers a competitive compensation package commensurate with qualifications and experience.
Interested candidates are invited to submit their applications via email as follows:
RECRUITMENT: PROCESSING SUPERINTENDENT
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: September 30th, 2019
UNSUITABLE APPLICANTS WILL NOT BE ACKNOWLEDGED
Operations - Processing
Permanent - Non-Overtime
Position reports to:
Work coordinated by:
Process Shift Supervisors; Daylight Supervisor
Reporting to the Process Manager, the Processing Superintendent is accountable for the safe and optimal operations of PPGPL’s gas processing and fractionation facilities, storage and product distribution assets. In doing so the incumbent supervises four (4) shift teams, through their respective Process Shift Supervisors in ensuring maximum economic liquids extraction and NGL products meeting relevant quality specifications. These activities are expected to be conducted safely, cost-effectively and reliably and must be delivered in a manner that consistently adds value to PPGPL's overall business process.
Safe, economic and cost-effective Natural Gas Liquids (NGLs) extraction lies at the core of Phoenix Park Gas Processors’ business. The Processing Superintendent is the key processing operative in the production arm of the Operations Team. The position manages a group of Processing personnel in realizing the optimum potential of the Plant in a safe and environmentally acceptable manner. The position must evidence sound interpersonal and technical skills in coordinating the activities of Processing personnel on all of PPGPL’s facilities, in Trinidad and elsewhere, while also being involved in planning and setting plant process parameters. The Processing team is responsible for operating the facility within these parameters to ensure the safe and economic operation of the Plant. The Processing Superintendent interfaces internally with Marketing, HSSE, HR, Finance and Technology, Engineering, Strategy, Corporate Services and Business Development and externally with feedstock suppliers, customers and contractors.
The position is constrained by safety, cost, quality and environmental considerations and must consistently realize the Plant's throughput and processing capability to meet product delivery commitments in line with budgeted projections. The position of Processing Superintendent has access to managerial direction and support at the level of the Process Manager; adheres to and administers all of PPGPL's policies; is bounded by Standard Operating Procedures and has clear performance expectations. The position of Processing Superintendent has financial authority as defined in the company’s ‘Authority Limitations’ policy.
Individual’s Safety Responsibility:
It is the responsibility of each employee to protect oneself as well as fellow workers from injury. Work shall be conducted according to established safe work practices and procedures. Please refer to PPGPL’s Safety Manual.
The Processing Superintendent is responsible for ensuring the implementation of Process Safety Management (PSM) procedures as defined in each PSM Element. The position is also responsible for conducting STOP observations as per defined HSSE targets (at a minimum) - ensuring unsafe behaviours are corrected immediately and unsafe conditions are addressed. The incumbent must also ensure that all direct reports implement and comply with the procedures outlined by PSM and STOP Programs.
Nature & Scope
The position of Processing Superintendent directly oversees Phoenix Park Gas Processors’ gas processing, natural gas liquids extraction, fractionation plants, storage and product distribution facilities in Trinidad or elsewhere, while maintaining adherence to the safety, environmental and process safety management standards. The position participates in planning and setting plant process parameters and is accountable for ensuring monitoring/controlling of these parameters and providing technical support towards resolving significant and chronic plant issues. The position is responsible for the development, approval and implementation of Standard Operating Procedures to ensure the safe and efficient start-up, shut-down and routine operations of the process and process components.
The position exercises direct supervisory responsibility for the Processing Shift Supervisors; Daylight Supervisor and related support personnel and has managerial responsibility and accountability for subordinate goal-setting and performance reviews and facilitation of subordinates' career development.
Duties & Responsibilities
The position is primarily responsible for:
- Managing the plant facilities and resources towards efficient processing of natural gas feedstock for extraction of maximum natural gas liquids (NGLs) to deliver budgeted objectives of product volume and specifications; maximising NGL production and ensuring the product satisfies the requisite specifications from all of PPGPL process plant facilities located in Trinidad or elsewhere, including receipt of the NGL stream from Atlantic for processing, storage and eventually sales.
- The management of a Butane Splitter unit from which Iso-Butane (IC4) is produced and delivered to Paria Fuel Trading Company via pipeline on a continuous or batch basis. The position is a point contact with the NGC, Atlantic and Paria Fuel Trading Company / Heritage Petroleum Company Limited for non-routine operations related matters.
- Providing support for all product loading/distribution activities which are managed by the Off Sites Function.
- Providing the necessary support (through the Daylight Shift Supervisor) to the Maintenance Team’s activities, including oversight of the operational activities of the Daylight Supervisor, to enable effective plant maintenance activities toward assuring plant up-time and availability and for ensuring operating procedures are in place upon recommissioning of plant and equipment.
- Functioning as Tactical Coordinator on the company’s Incident Command System (ICS) for any incidents on the facility and is responsible for management of incidents to ensure the safety of all personnel and the production facilities. The positon is also responsible for ensuring compliance with HSSE policies and standards, implementing routine, emergency or contingency actions or procedures to eliminate or mitigate against operational risks on the facility.
- Implementation; management and compliance with all Elements of Process Safety Management specific to the Processing function e.g. Safe Work Permit system; development, approval and revalidation of Standard Operating Procedures; Training of Processing personnel; Incident Reporting and providing support for other PSM elements e.g. PHA, PSSR, PSI, MOC, Emergency Response and Audits.
- Managing resources and supervises either directly or through the process of delegation, the activities of all Processing staff: forecasts and manages the department’s O&O and Capex budgets; ensures compliance with PSM and STOP programs; the Performance Management Program; supports the company’s Enterprise Risk Management initiative; monitors overall plant processes and equipment performance in collaboration with Production Management and takes corrective action as needed.
- Ensuring Processing’s adherence with Oracle EAM work flow process in the generation and approval of Work Requests; approves Service Contracts, Requisitions, Purchase Orders and Invoices in accordance with the company's Authority Limitations policy.
- Providing technical and operating expertise towards the safe planning and execution of plant turnarounds; major maintenance and capital improvement projects, including assistance with Front End Loading (FEL), scoping and development of Business Development and Engineering growth projects.
- Interface management (internal & external) and effective cost control and resource management in conducting the business. These activities are expected to be conducted consistent with established and approved company operating procedures and best practices and are generally guided by Company policies, procedures and Core Values.
Minimum Acceptable Academic Qualifications
Bachelor of Science Degree in a recognized core engineering discipline (Chemical and Process Engineering)
Minimum Number of Years of Relevant Experience
Twelve (12) years’ working experience in a petroleum or gas processing industry of which five (5) years must be at a supervisory/leadership level.
Specific Skills and Knowledge
Extensive knowledge of physical chemical processing principles including refrigeration and distillation
Application of modern technology to enhance the efficiency of process plant operations
Operational Excellence mind-set
Project Management principles
Creativity and Innovation
Management of Process Simulation Software
Expert Knowledge in the operation of DCS Controls System
Expert Knowledge in the operation of plant critical equipment
Conversant with windows-based PC, MS Office Tools, MS Project, SAP/Oracle
Process Safety Management
“The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified”.