For us at PPGPL, the occupational safety and health of its employees is a primary concern. It is the responsibility of the management of PPGPL to ensure the presence of a safe and healthy work environment. Safety and occupational health efforts will be based on the following principles:
- Management recognises occupational safety and health as one of its highest priorities
- All injuries and occupational illnesses can be prevented
- All incidents and accidents shall be investigated and, systems reviewed to prevent recurrence
- Safety is a condition of employment
- Establishment of occupational safety and health objectives and, commitment to the achievement of these objectives
- People are the most critical element in the success of our safety and health program
- Anyone who enters any of PPGPL's facilities shall adopt and apply these principles to their everyday operations at the sites
PPGPL's safety watchwords embody the spirit and intention of all our safety systems, procedures, policies and regulations.
"Our work is NEVER so urgent or important that we cannot take the time to do it safely and, in a manner that preserves the environment."