CALL FOR EXPRESSION OF INTEREST (EOI)
DESCRIPTION: Request for expressions of interest- Shipping Expertise
About the Company
Phoenix Park Gas Processors Limited (PPGPL) is a Trinidad and Tobago company, which was formed in May 1989. It is a subsidiary of the National Gas Company of Trinidad and Tobago. PPGPL operates Trinidad and Tobago's only natural gas processing and NGLs fractionation facilities; and is the largest producer and marketer of propane, butane and natural gasoline in the Caribbean. The company’s cryogenic gas processing plants and associated infrastructure (including its own loading terminal) are located on the Point Lisas Industrial Estate, Trinidad which is on the west coast of the island.
About the Project
PPGPL’s Marketing department has been charged with increasing the company’s revenues through trading products. To achieve this, expertise in shipping LPG products and related services is needed, some of which are outlined below. These services will be required for a period of six (6) months to two (2) years.
- Develop and execute logistic and chartering activities aligned to the trading strategy as guided and directed by the VP Marketing
- Manage the vessel operations such as maintenance, dry docking and bunkering
- Manage agents, tugs, inspectors, mooring crew, pilots, designated authorities (ISPS) and other port logistics
- Develop and execute relevant contractual agreements. e.g. charter parties
- Provide fast and accurate market intelligence on freight inquiries, market fixtures and other intelligence to the trading team
- Management of all risks associated with shipping and logistics activities
- Undertaking activities to support the trading teams relating to:
- Insurance: coverage for all trades,
- Logistics: agents, tugs, inspectors, mooring crew, pilots, designated authorities
- Regulatory compliance: ensure compliance for all trades e.g. completion of customs documentation
- Undertaking shipping economics to inform commercial decision making for trading activities
- Collate information to support liaison with government ministries, state agencies, state-owned energy-based companies and the energy industry (local and international) to facilitate interface between the Company and all stakeholders
Expression of Interest (EOI)
PPGPL invites service providers capable of providing the aforementioned expertise and services to submit their EOIs no later than May 7, 2018 by 3:00 p.m. Trinidad and Tobago time via email to the contact person listed below. All EOIs must include the following information:
- Organization's contact details
- Experience and capacity in providing these services (three (3) references)
- Experience of working with corporate entities in the international oil and gas sector, and a brief description of your proven capability
Additionally, your company must possess the ability to meet our prequalification requirements. Please provide the additional Safety requirements and equipment resources requested on your pre-qualification questionnaire by following the link below for your access page on our website.
Also please access the Energy Chambers link below to register for STOW certification. This certification is a requirement of PPGPL for all high risk jobs.
Please indicate ref. ID: EOI PPGPL Shipping Expertise on all submissions.
This call for EOI does not constitute a solicitation or tender. PPGPL reserves the right to change or cancel these requirements at any time during the EOI and/or the subsequent solicitation process. PPGPL also reserves the right to require compliance with additional conditions as and when issuing the final solicitation documents. Submitting a reply to a call for EOI does not automatically guarantee receipt of the tender documents when issued. Invitations to bid or requests for proposals and any subsequent purchase order or contract will be issued in accordance with PPGPL's tendering rules and procedures.
For clarifications and submission of the EOI please contact:
Ms. Sharlene Thompson
Procurement & Contracts Officer
Phoenix Park Gas Processors Limited
Tel: 868-636-1522 Ext. 6272